Terms of Booking & Booking Deposit
By placing a booking with us (the property owner/his/her representative) you (the lead guest) and your booking party (guests) agree to the following terms and conditions as set-out. During your stay you agree to abide by the subsequent conditions as set-out - which includes, but is not limited to the, “house rules” that you are provided with upon arrival. If you have any questions about booking with us, please contact us before making a booking.
To place a booking with us the lead guest must be at least 18 years of age. The maximum number of staying guests per room is illustrated in the room occupancy details on the website. Where the person making the booking is different to the lead guest taking up the occupation, the person making the booking may be held responsible for cancellation, non-arrival and damages as set-out within. Only the lead guest and the named booking party are allowed to use the property and its facilities, any third-party visitors are only allowed access at our express permission.
To secure any booking we require a deposit to be paid in advance, this deposit amount is 20% of the total cost (unless stated differently on the booking form, in which case the booking form prevails).
Deposit payments must be 'cleared funds' before a booking can be confirmed. Deposits are only refundable under the conditions set-out here within.
Payments can be made online / over the phone using debit / credit card as well as by digital bank transfer. Cheques and cash cannot be accepted. Any charges raised against us by our banks for handling dishonoured payments, must be reimbursed by the lead guest within seven (7) days of any request to do so.
All guests agree to respect the privacy and peace of all other staying guests, neighbours and the owners always and at all times. We reserve the right to cancel a booking with immediate effect if guests are not honouring this agreement or causing a disturbance / nuisance to other guests, neighbours or the owners.
Check-in & Check-out
Guests must check-in and check-out in accordance with the times stated below;
- Check-in: 3pm or later on day of arrival
- Check-out: No later than 10am on day of departure
Cancellation, Returned Deposit & Non-Arrival Conditions
Guest who need to cancel a booking should contact us as soon as possible. Unless alternative conditions are expressly indicated at the time of booking, then the following terms apply:
Deposits are made at the time of booking, and full payment is required 4 weeks prior to arrival date. If full payment is not made, the booking may be cancelled by the owner and the cancellation refund policy applies.
If a special “payment in advance/non-refundable” price is offered and a booking is accepted, then no refunds are made.
Any third party booking fees are subject to the conditions of that third-party, and are non-refundable by us.
Excepting any for non-refundable terms, deposits and accommodation payments already paid are only returned in accordance with the following conditions;
- Cancellation made 12 weeks or more in advance of arrival date = 95% refund
- Cancellation made 4 weeks or more in advance of arrival date = 75% refund
- Cancellation made 2 weeks or more in advance of arrival date = 50% refund
- Cancellation made less than 2 weeks before arrival date = No refund issued, full amount of booking due
Non-arrival guests, who are unable to attend or fail to attend for whatever reason and do not notify, forfeit their deposit paid and the full amount of the booking will be due.
If a guest wishes to move their booking to a later date, and accommodation is available, then the refunded amount under the cancellation policy is applied to the new booking (which may be at a different rate).
It is suggested that booking guests take out appropriate holiday / cancellation insurance where required.
In the rare event we need to cancel your booking with us, please be aware that we cannot be held liable for circumstances beyond our control and that our liability to you is limited to the refund of any payments already made to us.
WiFi Fair & Appropriate Usage Policy
Where WiFi Internet access is provided, guests accept to use this access to the Internet fairly and appropriately. We may monitor network performance and user usage in order to maintain a fair and high level of service to all our guests.
The Internet access provided is intended for general use such as access to the world wide web, email, messaging, social media, light video / music / media streaming. It is not intended or ideally suited for heavy media streaming, online gaming, extensive downloads / uploads. Access to illegal activity or use of our network for illegal activity is not prohibited and, if detected, will be reported to local authorities.
Damages & Lost Property
We reserve the right to charge the lead guest for any damages caused through the course of a booking by any member of the booking party. This includes breakages, spillages, stains, damage to furniture or fixtures and fittings. Any accidental damages should be reported as soon as possible in order to minimise damage and associated costs. Lost keys / fobs / access cards will incur a replacement charge per key / fob / card lost.
Any lost property, if discovered and found, left behind by guests during a stay will be held for a period of 1 month. While we will make our best efforts to reunite lost property with their owners we accept no responsibility in replacing lost items and encourage guests to ensure they have all their belonging before checking-out. We may offer to post lost items via recorded delivery at the cost of the property owner, otherwise collection can be arranged.
Smoking or consumption of any tobacco or other products including, but not limited to cigarettes, pipes, cigars, e-cigarettes, snuff or chewing tobacco, is not allowed in the accommodation or in any building or covered area on the property.
Pets & Service Dogs
We do not accept pets throughout the accommodation, except for service dogs.
Where on-site parking is provided guests accept that they park their vehicles at their own risk.
Where guests use the covered car parking/garage, they are responsible for locking/closing doors after use. They are also liable for any damage caused by their vehicle if it is overheight, and also any damage they cause to automatic doors
The apartment requires steps to enter, and also to access the kitchen. We have provided accessibility information on our website.
Your Personal Details & Privacy
We may be required to keep a register of details of guests over the age of 16 who stay with us in accordance with applicable UK laws. If require, these records are kept for a minimum of 12 months and in accordance with the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
You accept that any entries you make to an on-site guest book, if available, will not contain personal information or details you would not want disclosed. Any entries containing personal details that may fall into the DPA and GDPR may be removed and destroyed.
Our Right To Cancellation
We reserve the right to cancel any booking without compensation, refund or reimbursement if the terms of these conditions are breached.
If we have reasonable cause to believe than any guests may not be compliant with these terms & conditions, or house rules, or may commit illegal activity, then we also reserve the right to cancel any booking and refund monies paid.
Other Booking Terms and Conditions
Bookings are also subject to the following additional terms and conditions as agreed to at the time of booking.
- A contract between you and the owners will come into existence when we receive payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- Unless specified differently on the booking offer, a deposit of 20% of the holiday price is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than four weeks before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge and any required refundable damage deposit.
- The balance must be paid so as to arrive no later than four weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by this due date then your holiday will be treated as cancellation and the normal cancellation policy will apply.
- All cancellations must be immediately notified by email.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 6 and only the people listed on the booking form can occupy the apartment. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- We (the owner) reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representative reserve the right to enter the apartment at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Tenancies normally commence at 3pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the apartment by 10am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
- Pets or smoking anywhere on the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at the expense of you.
- Damage deposit – In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result.
- Any security deposit will be returned within 5 days of the end of your holiday less the cost of damage/breakages.
- Damage to property – Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there have been any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could replace them or advise us before you leave. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage found.
- Lock all doors and close the windows when they leave your property unoccupied.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The internet connection is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building, grounds or pool.
- All inventory must remain in the property it was in at arrival and not be taken to another property.
- Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.